Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Values Debate and Columbia

Last night I watched a debate for three hours. The Values debate from Florida involved the Republican candidates. The four "top-tier" candidates, Rudy McRomneyson, did not come. The questionners included Phyllis Schlafly, Don Wildmon. and other leaders of churches and conservative religious groups. The questions focused on topics near and dear to the hearts of religious conservatives. The candidates present (Huckabee, Brownback, Paul, Cox, Keyes, Hunter, Tancredo) agreed on almost all issues, except Ron Paul, who disagreed on issues involving more government. The AMAZING part is that Mike Huckabee changed the minds of so many that were there. The organizers had about 340 people in the audience vote their preference at the beginning and end of the debate. Mike Huckabee went from about 33% to 63% during the course of the debate. The only other candidate to increase his share was Duncan Hunter who was still well below Mike. See the story at
http://www.mikehuckabee.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Blogs.View&Blog_id=413.
Mike has the ability to win hearts.
I will go to Columbia on Wednesday to meet the governor at The Congaree Grill. I'll fill you in when I return. I hope to pick up some bumper stickers or signs when I'm there. If anyone wants one, let me know when I return.

2 comments:

The People's Caucus said...

Mike Huckabee interview with my site, PoliticalBuzz.com. Thought it would be of interest.

http://political-buzz.com/2007/09/18/exclusive-interview-with-republican-presidential-candidate-mike-huckabee/

northaugusta4huckabee said...

matthew,
I did listen to your interview and once again Mike did a great job. Thanks for making it available.